Here we are tracking ideas that we would like to integrate into the Gtk# API.
Table of contents
We want to support Data Binding, but we need someone with experience on Data Binding to spec out the requirements and expected behavior of forms that use it.
The Tao Framework provides complete bindings to OpenGL, the issue is how to create window regions in Gtk# that can host OpenGL areas.
There is a Gtk# widget that integrates OpenGL here
Integration from Cairo should be revisited as Cairo evolves. There are two problems in adopting Cairo today as part of the core rendering engine of Gtk#:
- Mono.Cairo depends on Cairo which is still a moving target and the API frequently changes.
- Cairo must support Win32 if we want to make this part of the of the cross-platform functionality.
The Gtk group has adopted Cairo as their rendering engine for future versions of Gtk, so it might make sense to just wait for them.
The TreeView is considered fairly complex, integration with DataSet/DataTable would help here, maybe provide a default widget that would just do this integration?
People are interested in more in-depth tutorials, the question is what subjects.
A few subjects suggested:
- How to set the values on a ComboBox to a ListStore?
- App Framework:
- Session management? (Better not ;-)
- Developing Responsive Applications (Work-in-Progress).
- Deployment: confusion about which installer to use (there are three available).
- More example programs, or make the current ones more visible.
Gtk# documentation not complete. Samples wanted.
Interest in having widgets to do:
- Grids (spreadsheet-like, for data entry)
- NPlot/Gtk working on Windows (currently hardcodes the gdk_x11 stuff, copy the stuff over from GtkDotNet.dll)
- DataGrids (same, but bound to System.Data in some form)
- GnomeCanvas on the Windows port.
- Simple API for trees: instead of a model/view split, have the model/view be self contained:
p = new Node ("Hello"); p.Append (new Node ("child1")); p.Append (new Node ("child2"));
- Support Audio in some form (SDL?)
Discussion on Improving Gtk+ on Windows